Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009


Unlike most people, I was sad when it became 2009.   I hung on to every last minute of 2008 because my only son would not be alive in 2009 and he was in 2008.   I have struggled every day since his death and not one has gone by tearless.   I think I honestly felt that if I wished hard enough, tried hard enough, he would not be dead anymore.   And it didn't work.   I have to admit defeat.

Thank goodness that my daughter, Helen, gifted us with a new digital camera for Christmas.   It has allowed me to see some color and beauty once again.   I am a Taurus,  after all.  I cling to earth. 

1 comment:

Jane said...

I had the same feelings about 2008, I cried at midnight for the same reason. Luckily James was there and he and his family were very understanding. The only consolation is that 2009 has got to be better than 2008 :).