Friday, May 30, 2008



Thomasville just came and took away my Benjamin sofa.  I bought this sofa last April and during a visit earlier last month I was playing with my Granddaughter, Mia, on the floor and just happened to look at Benjamin sofa and noticed that he was lopsided.   His  frame had broken!  I immediately went on-line and found out that there was a warranty for one year from the date he was delivered.   There was less than one month left on my warranty. Yikes!  So, I called the saleswoman who sold me Benjamin to tell her he was broken.  "What do you mean it's broken?"
blah, blah, blah.   The good news was that Thomasville sent out a repairman to check it out, fully expecting it to be repaired on site.  I was there when he revealed Benjamin's inside parts.
Benjamin was not assembled as carefully as he should have been and thus sustained a break.
An unfixable break.   He had to be rebuilt and so off he went today to an upholstery shop.  All I'm left with are his cushions.   I really liked Benjamin.   I sat on him everyday.  I already miss him.   The good news is that he is supposed to come back in a week, hopefully better than he was the first time.  Of course, the driver for Thomasville had to come in a big ole' truck and predictably hated  the drive to where I live. He told me that he hopes he doesn't have to come
back.  My house is not very typical for the area.   I bet now they understand why I was so concerned about how big their trucks are.   At least I was their last stop before the weekend.  I  bet at least one of the guys who came will be lifting a cerveza tonight while he tells a story about where he went today.
Get well, Benjamin.    (I just can't help myself.   My only son is named Benjamin, too!)

No comments: