Tuesday, February 9, 2010

BRRRRRR..........It's Cold in Santa Barbara-ish

I had thought to venture out for some wood - to the store, that is, because we have no wood stash but I think not.    It's cold and raining/hailing outside.   The local weather man said to watch out for this fast moving storm.   Possibility of a thunderstorm or two and snow levels could drop to 2,000 feet.    Uh Oh!    We live pretty darn close to that.
Here's what it's looking like here right now:



I just hope our internet holds out to be able to make this post.   We depend on satellite for both our TV and internet.   Interestingly, DirecTV does better in storms than Wildblue (our internet).

At least we still have electricity.   Living in an all electric home can be a challenge when there is no electricity.

Thunderstorms here are so rare.  I have to admit that I actually like them.   They remind me of my youth.   Always lived where there were thunderstorms before coming to California.

Of course, look at me!    I'm writing about the weather.   How boring is that. 

Well, quite frankly weather ins Santa Barbara never varies all that much.   That's a bit boring, don't you think?

No comments: